Long time no blog.
I have been away from my blog for a little while now, for various reasons. As you may know, I came forward in August 2018 with my own testimony of seminary misconduct & sexual abuse. This resulted in a much-needed investigation at the two seminaries which I attended during my time in priestly formation. Since August, I have been cooperating with both investigations to the best of my ability. I received a great deal of support, for which I am thankful. One of the investigations finished, vindicating my testimony and leading to concrete changes at said seminary; the other investigation is in its closing stages. That said, coming forward was not easy, and it took a very big toll on my spiritual and emotional life. I decided to step back from blogging so I could focus on my academic work, Ph.D. applications, and overall growth.
Last month, I graduated with my Master of Theology (Th.M.) in historical-systematic theology, my thesis focusing on St. Bonaventure’s Eucharistic theology. I also accepted an offer to pursue my Ph.D. at McGill University in Montreal. That’s right– I am moving to Canada! I feel much more refreshed, energized, and focused than I was this time last year. And so, am returning to blogging, tweeting, and all that stuff– but please God (literally), in moderation.
By way of personal projects, I am excited to share a few things with you.
- My Medium page is active. Since my last blog post on here (the open letter to Cardinal O’Malley), I have posted four new pieces:
- More pieces are on the way. Medium offers authors the option to publish their stories in the partnership program (which offers monetization based on the piece’s popularity & the ‘claps’ the story receives). For readers who are not subscribed, you are allowed to read three ‘free’ pieces a month. Mindful that not everyone likes to subscribe to these things, I will only monetize one out of every three pieces, so that you are not hindered from reading the things I publish.
- Moving on to the more academic side of me– I am currently working on editing my curriculum vitae and will post it once it is updated. You will be able to see the various conferences, presentations, and publications I have participated in.
- I will be posting all of my academic work on my Academia page. The goal of that profile is to share the fruits of my contemplation with a wider audience. Sometimes, if the article is accepted for publication in a journal, I may need to wait a few months before sharing it with the general public. But aside from those cases, I will publish my conference presentations/papers on there. As always, I accept constructive criticism!
- I have created a new Facebook page. Though I do not have a public personal page, I will use the ‘business’ page to share some of my work. My other social media handles are all the same:
- Lastly, and probably the most exciting part: I am in the process of recording an EP. Details soon!